Everyone has their vices. My vice happens to be dark chocolate. Let me re-phrase that, I love dark chocolate! Wait…okay, fine…I will devour my weight in dark chocolate by the time I’ve finished writing this post! With an obsession like that, there was only one way for me to look presentable in a swim suit this summer; I had to come up with a healthy, low sugar alternative to satisfy my cravings. I’ve definitely nailed it with this recipe; there are only 3 simple ingredients and I have full control over how much sugar I add!
- 3 Tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 4 Tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1-2 Tablespoons maple syrup (taste the mixture as you go and add syrup to your personal taste)
- 1 silicone ice cube tray or candy mold
- Optional toppings: pistachio meat, chia seeds, goji berries, cacao nibs
- Mix the coconut oil, cocoa powder, and maple syrup until thoroughly combined. Pour equal parts of the chocolate into your ice cube tray or candy mold. Top with your favorite goodies. Place in the freezer for 1 hour or in the fridge for 2 until the chocolate hardens.