Working full time definitely makes it challenging to get enough veggies in my diet. That’s what inspired me to cook up these bad boys. I used canned refried beans for a quick, cheap source of protein, tons of sauteed veggies, and portion controlled cheese to make up several chimichangas ahead of time and pack one with a salad for lunch throughout the week.[features_box_azure_blue width="75%" + border="2px"][headline_georgia_medium_centered color="#000000"]Baked Veggie Chimichangas[/headline_georgia_medium_centered]
Download your FREE printable recipe card to stick on your fridge or add to your recipe box!
Mac users: click on the link
PC users: right click and “save link as”[headline_georgia_small_left color="#FF6600"]For this recipe, you will need:[/headline_georgia_small_left]
- 2 sheets whole wheat lavash (trader joe’s)
- 1 can refried beans (look for all natural ingredients)
- sauteed veggies of your choice (I used bell peppers, mushrooms, and onions)
- 1/2 packet taco seasoning (use trader joe’s brand or make sure there is no MSG-monosodium glutamate)
- 4 sticks of string cheese
- 1/4 C olive oil for brushing over the chimis
To make the chimichangas:
1. Cut the lavash in half, each sheet makes 1 chimi. Pour the beans in a bowl, add a few tablespoons water, and heat in the microwave.
2. Sautee your veggies in olive oil and add the seasonings until the veggies are tender.
3. Spread some beans, 1 cheese stick, and veggies on the lavash and roll it up. Brush the burritos with olive oil, place in a 425 degree oven and bake for 10-15 minutes, until golden brown. Enjoy!