Banana nut energy bars are a quick and delicious snack that you can whip up in under 5 minutes with a few simple, healthy ingredients!
A hectic schedule is not something foreign to me…especially lately. I got a promotion at work a few months ago and have been blessed with an exciting schedule that definitely keeps me on my toes. I know many of my readers not only work full time, but also juggle a full family life complete with kids.
You’ll notice many more quick recipes on my blog lately because staying healthy will always be a top priority no matter how busy my life gets. Bars are one of my new go-to recipes because they require few ingredients, are packed with nutrients, and they take but a few minutes to put together. Check out this latest creation that combines the yummy flavor of banana nut bread with the convenience of an energy bar.
banana nut energy bars
- 1 Cup walnuts
- 4 oz dried bananas (not banana chips…you can find these at Trader Joe’s and make sure there is no added sugar)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp powdered cinnamon
- Put all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until everything sticks together.
- Line a small baking dish with wax paper and mold the mixture into the dish.
- Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes and cut into bars.
- Grab on the go for a quick energy boost!
- Calories: 1062
- Sugar: 57
- Sodium: 6
- Fat: 67
- Saturated Fat: 7
- Unsaturated Fat: 57
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 115
- Protein: 20
- Cholesterol: 0