Banana peanut butter breakfast bars help you get out of the door fast with a healthy breakfast on the go!
Banana is the new sugar! I’ve been looking for a healthy sugar alternative for years and it finally hit me…use fruit to sweeten baked goods! The inspiration for this banana-sweetened breakfast bar came from the popular “banana ice cream” recipes that have been floating around cyberspace. If you can freeze bananas and make ice cream out of it, why not used mashed bananas in place of sugar for baked goods?!
After some trial and experimentation, I created a breakfast bar recipe that helps me get the perfect balance of carbs and protein in the morning. I love grabbing a bar right before an early morning cardio sesh.
You can even make large batches over the weekend for a convenient, healthy breakfast before you hit the grind!Print
banana peanut butter breakfast bars
Easy and convenient breakfast bars to get your day started on the right foot!
- Category: Breakfast
- 4 bananas (mashed with a fork)
- 1/4 C natural peanut butter (can also use almond butter)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 C rolled oats
- *optional: add 1/4 C of raisins or unsweetened dried cherries!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line an 8″ square pan with parchment paper.
- Slice the bananas into coins, mash with a fork.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients with the bananas and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Press the mixture into the prepared pan and bake in the oven for 10minutes.
- Let the mixture cool for about 10 minutes and cut into bars.