banana peanut butter breakfast bars
- 1 1/2 cup uncooked rolled oats (not instant or steel cut oats)
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup all natural peanut butter (unsalted)
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp dry roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate (chopped into chunks)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spread uncooked oats onto an un-greased baking sheet. Toast the oats for 20-30 minutes, checking every 10 minutes to shake the pan and make sure the oats are not burning.
- Line an 8X8 square pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- While the oats are toasting, mash the bananas in a large bowl with a fork until completely smooth. Add the peanut butter, cinnamon, salt, egg, and brown sugar. Mix until fully combined.
- Fold in the toasted oats, the dark chocolate chunks, and the peanuts.
- Spread the batter into the prepared baking pan. Bake on the middle rack for 30-35 minutes, rotating the pan halfway between cooking. The bars are done when a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow the bars to cool completely in the pan. Cut into 12 bars.