banana peanut butter ice cream bites
- 2 bananas-thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp all natural peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil (raw, virgin)
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- Thinly slice the bananas and place in a ziplock bag.
- Place the bag in the freezer until the bananas are frozen- about 2 hours.
- Place the frozen bananas in a food processor and grind until the bananas are creamy- this will take a few minutes and be sure to scrape down the sides of the food processor often.
- Add the peanut butter to the banana mixture and continue to process for a few more seconds.
- Scoop out teaspoon size mounds of the banana mixture and place on a plate covered with parchment paper.
- Return the mounds to the freezer for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, place the coconut oil in a mug and melt in the microwave for 30-60 seconds.
- Add the cocoa powder to the coconut oil and combine thoroughly.
- Remove the banana mounds from the freezer and dip them into the chocolate mixture, one at a time.
- The chocolate will harden quickly and you can store the bon bons in the freezer for a quick snack with no need to defrost.
- Calories: 237
- Sugar: 2
- Sodium: 81
- Fat: 23
- Saturated Fat: 14
- Unsaturated Fat: 8
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 10
- Protein: 6
- Cholesterol: 0