This blueberry lemon smoothie bowl is the perfect breakfast or snack for a hot summer day!
Lemon and blueberry have always been good friends! Lemon brings out the delicious brightness in blueberries and both parties host a ton of health benefits! Lemons give your body Vitamin C so you amp up your immune system and blueberries get fancy with their antioxidants to keep you young and vibrant!
Enjoying the flavors of blueberry and lemon is super easy when you put everything in a smoothie and get creative with the toppings! Smoothie bowls trump smoothies in a glass because you can add delicious, healthy morsels on top that make your bowl more appetizing while adding even more nutrients! This is the perfect, healthy, and [most importantly ;-)] instagram worthy smoothie bowl breakfast you’ve been waiting for!Print
blueberry lemon smoothie bowl
- 1 frozen banana (break the banana into chunks before blending)
- 1/2 Cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or other non-dairy milk of your choice)
- 1/2 frozen blueberries
- 1 teaspoon raw cacao powder (not to be confused with cocoa powder or baking cocoa)
- Juice and zest of 1/2 small lemon
- Let the bananas thaw for 2-3 minutes before blending.
- Place all of the ingredients in your blender and run the blender until you have a smooth, even finish.
- Pour the smoothie into a fancy bowl and top with delicious, healthy things like goji berries and cacao nibs!