This buffalo chicken casserole contains all the classic flavors of buffalo wings but it’s super easy to put together. You can bake the whole casserole together and easily serve a hungry crowd.Print
buffalo chicken casserole
New twist on the classic buffalo wings. Serve with a side of thinly sliced celery and carrots tossed in nonfat greek yogurt and blue cheese!
- Cuisine: American
- 2 lbs frozen chicken thighs
- 1 large yellow onion (sliced)
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 3 C water
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 12 oz bag of corn tortillas
- 1 bottle of hot sauce
- 1/2 stick of unsalted butter
- 1/4 C green onions (sliced)
- 1/4 C sliced black olives
- 1 small can (4oz) green chilies
- 8 oz shredded mexican cheese blend
- Place chicken, onion, broth, water, bay leaves, and salt in a large pot. Bring to a boil over high heat. Lower the flame to a medium heat and cook for about an hour or until the chicken is fully cooked.
- When the chicken is fully cooked, remove from the pot with tongs and use two forks to shred the chicken. Keep the liquid bubbling over the stove and add the butter and an entire bottle of your favorite hot sauce.
- Return the shredded chicken to the pot and simmer over medium heat for about 30minutes.
- Butter your favorite casserole dish and place one layer of corn tortillas in the dish. Top with the shredded chicken and its juice, green onions, olives, and cheese.
- Continue the layers until the dish is full.
- Place the casserole in the oven for 30 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Top with the can of green chilies and serve with a side of shaved celery salad and enjoy!