The infamous “cauliflower crust pizza” gets a little make over with these cauliflower pesto breadsticks. I added some great flavor to the cauliflower simply by adding some pesto. It was so easy and delicious…and pretty unique. If you’re looking for ways to cut grains…or even just want to try something kinda cool, check out this super easy recipe!
cauliflower pesto breadsticks
- 1 head cauliflower
- 3 ounces store bought pesto
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 Cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Pulse the cauliflower in a food processor until it is thoroughly chopped and looks like rice.
- Combine the pesto, egg, and cheese with the cauliflower and thoroughly combine.
- Once everything is combined, spread the cauliflower mixture onto the lined baking dish…shaping an even rectangle so the breadsticks cook evenly.
- Bake the breadsticks in the oven for 25 minutes, until the bottom is golden brown.
- At this point you can top with mozzarella and cook a bit longer until the top is golden brown.
- To get the breadsticks crispy, flip the whole rectangle over and bake for an additional 10 minutes before topping with mozzarella.
- Cool the finished breadsticks for 5-10 minutes and cut into little rectangles.
- Dip in pizza sauce and enjoy!