Getting enough protein to build lean, strong muscle can be a challenge for anyone; it doesn’t have to be with this easy recipe! All you need is a few simple ingredients and a food processor to whip up wholesome protein bars that you can grab on you way to work, school, or the gym.
- 1 Cup unsweetened shredded coconut (desiccated coconut)
- 1/2 Cup rolled oats (uncooked)
- 1/3 Cup chocolate protein powder (I love Vega One)
- 1/4 Cup flax meal
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/3 Cup cahsews
- 1/2 Cup water
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 Tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon stevia powder (optional)
Combine all the ingredients for the bars in your food processor.
Once the mixture is well combined and easily sticks together, press the “batter” into a baking dish lined with wax paper.
Chill the protein bars in the freezer for 5-10 minutes. While the bars cool, you can make your vegan ganache! Simply, combine the cocoa powder, coconut oil, and the stevia in a bowl and set aside.
Remove the chilled bars from the freezer and top with ganache. The chocolate will harden fast; add toppings quickly. I like to add shredded coconut to my bars for extra coconut deliciousness! Cut the bars into small pieces for quick, portioned controlled, treats. Enjoy as a yummy, on the go, treat.