Event though I love my weekday morning gym sessions, weekends are made for the great outdoors. There’s nothing I enjoy more than waking up early on a Saturday and going for a crisp jog to clear my body and mind from the stresses of the week. A major dilemma arises when I jog back to my house, energized, hungry, and craving a weekend pancake breakfast!
Do I compromise and gobble down a stack of heavy pancakes (I did earn it, after all…) or do I opt for a far less satisfying smoothie and call it a day? Neither! I make healthier, protein pancakes that taste delicious and offer my fatigued muscles much needed nourishment!
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Cup coconut milk
- 1/2 Cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 Cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 heaping Tablespoons brown rice protein
- coconut oil for cooking
- natural peanut butter and cacao nibs for topping
- Combine all ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Combine thoroughly.
- Heat a medium sized, non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Melt coconut oil on the pan and cook 1/3 Cup of the pancake batter at a time.
- When bubbles form around the edge of the pancake (about 4-6 minutes) flip the pancake over and cook the other side.
- Top your stack with peanut butter and cacao nibs, maple syrup, or anything else you dream up! Happy breakfast-ing!