This easy summer gazpacho is a refreshing and easy soup to blend up during those summer months when you don’t want to turn the stove on!
This recipe combines delicious, nutrient rich vegetables and allows you to have a quick lunch on the table in no time.
Taste all the bright flavors of summer with this easy and delicious Gazpacho recipe. The best part? You don’t need to heat up the house because there’s no cooking required. Just gather a few fresh ingredients and your blender and you’re all set!
easy summer gazpacho
- 6 roma tomatoes
- 1 persian cucumber
- 1/2 medium red onion
- 1/2 green bell pepper (seeds and ribs removed)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 slice whole wheat bread
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- cayenne pepper to taste
- curly parsley for garnish (optional)
- Chop the tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, and bell pepper into small chunks and place in a large bowl.
- Season the vegetables with 1-2 tsp salt to draw out the moisture. Add the red wine vinegar to the vegetables. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Pour the vegetables (reserving the liquid in the bowl) into a food processor. Run the food processor until the vegetables break down.
- Tear the slice of bread into the reserved liquid and let it soak for a few minutes. Pour the bread and the liquid into the food processor and blend until fully combined.
- With the food processor running, stream the olive oil into the soup and continue to blend until thick and smooth.
- Taste and add more salt, pepper, or cayenne if desired.
- Serve cold.