This loaded chocolate chip banana bread is chock full of delicious, healthy bits like dried cherries, hemp seeds, and oats. Use up your ripe bananas and make a loaf to keep on hand for a delicious treat with your morning coffee. You can even make a double batch, wrap the extra loaf with plastic wrap and aluminum, and freeze for future enjoyment. Just thaw at room temperature for an hour and you’re ready to eat!
Using coconut sugar eliminates the need for processed sugar in this recipe and the addition of coconut flakes, cacao nibs, and other superfoods boosts the nutrition value of this delicious treat!
Enjoy with almond butter for breakfast or serve with whipped cream for dessert. Let’s get cookin’!Print
loaded chocolate chip banana bread
- Yield: 1 loaf
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter (softened at room temperature)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup light olive oil
- 3 ripe bananas (mashed with a fork)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 ounces dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp hemp seeds
- 2 Tbsp cacao nibs
- 2 Tbsp coconut flakes (unsweetened)
- 3/4 cups rolled oats (not instant, uncooked)
- 1/4 cup dried cherries (unsweetened), chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9X5 loaf dish with the softened butter.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer, beat the coconut sugar and eggs together until frothy and increased in volumed, about 3 minutes.
- Add the olive oil, bananas, and vanilla, beat until fully combined.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, chocolate chips, baking soda, hemp seeds, cacao nibs, rolled oats, and dried cherries.
- Use a rubber spatula to fold the flour mixture into the wet ingredients. Scrape the batter into the prepared loaf dish. Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let the loaf cool and turn out of the pan. Slice and serve with a nice cup of coffee.
- Serving Size: 1/12 of loaf
- Calories: 214
- Sugar: 15.1g
- Sodium: 229mg
- Fat: 9.4g
- Saturated Fat: 3.1g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 30.8g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Protein: 4g
- Cholesterol: 30mg