loaded chocolate chip banana bread
- Author: Sep Campos
- Yield: 1 loaf
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter (softened at room temperature)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup light olive oil
- 3 ripe bananas (mashed with a fork)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 ounces dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp hemp seeds
- 2 Tbsp cacao nibs
- 2 Tbsp coconut flakes (unsweetened)
- 3/4 cups rolled oats (not instant, uncooked)
- 1/4 cup dried cherries (unsweetened), chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9X5 loaf dish with the softened butter.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer, beat the coconut sugar and eggs together until frothy and increased in volumed, about 3 minutes.
- Add the olive oil, bananas, and vanilla, beat until fully combined.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, chocolate chips, baking soda, hemp seeds, cacao nibs, rolled oats, and dried cherries.
- Use a rubber spatula to fold the flour mixture into the wet ingredients. Scrape the batter into the prepared loaf dish. Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let the loaf cool and turn out of the pan. Slice and serve with a nice cup of coffee.
- Serving Size: 1/12 of loaf
- Calories: 214
- Sugar: 15.1g
- Sodium: 229mg
- Fat: 9.4g
- Saturated Fat: 3.1g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 30.8g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Protein: 4g
- Cholesterol: 30mg