I whipped up a healthy mint chip ice cream in honor of St. Patrick’s day. The secret ingredient is green, has tons of nutrients, and….it’s a vegetable! Don’t let the spinach stop you from trying this simple and delicious treat. You won’t even be able to taste the spinach and it’s a great way to get your kids to eat their veggies while they’re having dessert!
mint chip nice cream
- 4 bananas (thinly sliced, then frozen)
- 1 handful (1/2 Cup to 1 Cup) raw spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/2 Cup chocolate chips (I used dark chocolate chunks)
- Let the bananas freeze completely, overnight or at least for a few hours.
- Grind the bananas, spinach, and peppermint together in the food processor until you get a smooth “ice cream” consistency.
- Add the chocolate chips and either pulse a few times or stir by hand.
- Bust out the Guinness and enjoy!