This no bake carrot cake bars is an easy way to enjoy carrot cake flavors without turning on the oven!
I love the flavor of carrot cake but I hardly ever eat it. When it comes to dessert, my motto is “if it ain’t chocolate, it ain’t worth it”…so it’s always hard for me to justify eating a dessert that takes all the nutrients out of carrots and all the fun out of desserts! To keep the nutrients in some key carrot cake ingredients, I came up with a recipe that requires no baking and uses medjool dates as a healthier alternative to sugar. Even though the cake itself is very healthy, I just couldn’t leave out the cream cheese frosting! To make it a tad healthier, I used low fat cream cheese and replaced the sugar with honey. The overall result was delicious! I hope you enjoy it as much as my family and I did!
no bake carrot cake bars
- Prep Time: 10
- Total Time: 10
- 1 Cup whole walnuts
- 5 oz shredded carrots
- 6 dates (pitted)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 teaspoons unsweetened coconut milk (add 1 teaspoon at a time until the mixture sticks together)
- 4 oz low fat cream cheese
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the cake
- Line a small baking dish with wax paper and set aside.
- Grind all the ingredients for the cake (expect for the coconut milk) in a food processor until you get an even mixture that sticks together.
- If the mixture is too dry, add coconut milk (1 teaspoon at a time) until the mixture sticks together when you pinch it.
- Empty the “cake batter” into your lined dish and press firmly into the dish.
- Once the mixture is molded to your dish, place the cake in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
For the Frosting
- While the cake is chilling, combine the cream cheese, honey, and coconut milk in the food processor and grind until you get a smooth even consistency.
- Top the carrot cake with the frosting and return to the fridge for an hour or longer.
- Prep time does not include time in the fridge.
- Serving Size: 5
- Calories: 296
- Sugar: 26
- Sodium: 128
- Fat: 18
- Saturated Fat: 4
- Unsaturated Fat: 12
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 33
- Protein: 6
- Cholesterol: 12