No-bake carrot cake truffles have all the flavors of carrot cake without any processed sugar or dairy. You can whip these up in no time and enjoy a healthy snack on the go.
#sepgoesveganish! As I get older…not that I’m old by any means ;-)…my motivation to eat well is shifting from looking good to being healthy. I don’t claim to be vegan by any means but I have been focusing my weekday diet on mostly plant based meals. So far, I feel more energized and have even lost a couple lbs!
Eating more plant based foods also means that I’ve been doing tons of recipe testing and I’m very excited to share this no-bake carrot cake truffle recipe with you!
no-bake carrot cake truffles
Vegan, paleo, energy balls packed with veggie nutrition in a delicious dessert disguise!
- Prep Time: 10
- Total Time: 10
- 1 Cup walnuts
- 4-8 pitted medjool dates (the sweeter you like it, the more dates you’ll use)
- 1/2 Cup shredded coconut (unsweetened and unsulfured) (plus 1/4 to roll the truffles in)
- 1 Cup shredded carrots
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon coconut cream (you might need up to 2 Tablespoons if you use more dates)
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds
- Place all ingredients in a food processor.
- Grind for 3-4 minutes, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed
- When the mixture sticks together well, scoop out the mixture with a teaspoon
- Roll the truffles into balls with clean hands
- Roll the truffles in the shredded coconut
- Chill in the fridge for 30 min.
- Calories: 1408
- Sugar: 129
- Sodium: 209
- Fat: 83
- Saturated Fat: 21
- Unsaturated Fat: 59
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 170
- Protein: 22
- Cholesterol: 0