Oatmeal raisin muffins make a nutritious breakfast that you can bake in advance and grab as you hurry out the door in the morning!Print
oatmeal raisin muffins
These nutritious little muffins are sweetened naturally with apple sauce and stevia. They also have tons of fiber and protein to get your day started on the right foot.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: makes 1 1/2 dozen muffins
- Category: Breakfast
- 1 C raisins (check the label and make sure there’s no sugar added)
- 2 C oatmeal
- 1 1/2 C unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 C whole wheat flour
- 1/2 C almond meal
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp Stevia powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 C rice bran oil (you can also use coconut or canola oil)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray or insert cupcake wrappers.
- Combine the oatmeal, raisins, and applesauce in a large bowl and set aside while you measure out the rest of the ingredients.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, almond meal, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- To the bowl with the oatmeal, add the eggs, stevia, vanilla, cinnamon, and rice bran oil. Combine well.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until just mixed.
- Divide the batter into the muffin tin (using a large ice cream scooper helps with this!)
- and bake in the oven for about 12-15 minutes. Insert a toothpick into the center of one of the muffins. If the toothpick comes out with a few crumbs, the muffins are done. Be careful not to over bake!