This paleo banana bread recipe is a result of several disappointing attempts at creating a grain-free banana bread that doesn’t taste like cardboard. My last experiment using coconut flour was an epic failure so I was a little hesitant to give it another shot. Thankfully this recipe worked out and I was able to pull it off without adding any grain flour or sugar!
paleo banana bread
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 Cup unsweetened rice milk or almond milk
- 1 Cup almond meal
- Line a loaf dish with wax paper and preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, mash 3 of the banana with a fork (reserve one banana to decorate the top of the loaf).
- Add the egg to the banana and whisk.
- Add the baking powder, baking soda, salt, non-dairy milk, and vanilla to the banana mixture and combine well.
- Add the almond milk and combine.
- Pour the batter into the loaf dish, slice the 4th banana and decorate the top of the loaf with the bananas.
- Bake the loaf in the oven for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Let the banana bread cool completely, preferably in the fridge, overnight. Serve with a big cup of bullet proof coffee and you’re ready to rock!