Bananas, almond flour, and flax seeds make up nutritious paleo pancakes for all of the healthy breakfast lovers out there!
I’m obsessed with breakfast! I can literally eat breakfast food for every meal for the rest of my life and be completely satisfied. Unfortunately, most of my favorite breakfast meals contain tons of carbs so I’m constantly on the lookout for healthier alternatives. Don’t get me wrong, there’s nothing wrong with enjoying Challah French toast and syrup (one of my favorites) on the weekend or as a special treat. However, when I’m craving something delicious in the middle of the week, I try to keep it light. I love this recipe because it contains very few ingredients and it’s completely beach-bod-approved!Print
A grain free alternative to your morning treat!
- 1 banana
- 1 egg
- 2 Tablespoons almond flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon flax seeds
- butter for greasing the skillet
- Place all ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth.
- Heat non-stick skillet over medium heat and melt some butter in the pan.
- Heat pools of batter in the skillet (keeping the pancakes small makes it easier to flip).
- Wait for bubbles to form and peak under the pancakes…once they are golden brown, gently flip and cook the opposite side for 3-4 minutes.
- Serve with a sprinkle of cinnamon or a light drizzle of maple syrup.