These paleo sweet potato hash browns are a perfect compliment to eggs for a delicious breakfast!
I don’t consider myself paleo by any means. I just love good, wholesome food. I don’t follow any diet and eat real food made from ingredients I can pronounce and 90% of my food is prepared by me. However, there are a lot of paleo-fans out there and I can understand why. Paleo focuses on eating clean, whole foods and more often than not, paleo food is pretty delicious.
This recipe was inspired by my boot camp trainer, Brian. To say Brian loves fitness is an understatement and to say he challenges us to reach new personal bests every week doesn’t do him justice. Since joining this fitness class, I have sprinted uphill (and loved it!), learned to do double-unders with a jumprope (I even impressed myself with this one), and even went “Whole 30”. I’ve gained so much value from his class that when Brian asked me about sweet potato hash browns, I knew I had to post a recipe for him! This one’s for you, Brian…enjoy!Print
paleo sweet potato hash browns
- 2 sweet potatoes- washed and peeled
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to tast
- 2 Tbsp unrefined coconut oil (virgin raw)
- Peel the sweet potatoes and shred using the large holes of a cheese grater.
- Mix the spices with the shredded sweet potato- if you don’t have spices on hand, you can just use salt and pepper.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Melt the coconut oil on the skillet.
- Place the shredded sweet potato into small rounds on the hot skillet and cook until browned and crispy, about 6-8 minutes.
- Flip the hash browns over and cook the opposite side until brown and crispy.
- Serve as is or with a fried egg on top and enjoy!