When the heat sets in there’s nothing better than a frosty slice of this peanut butter chocolate ice box pie. This recipe makes a delectable, vegan treat that you can enjoy without any guilt.
peanut butter chocolate ice box pie
- 1 Cup raw almonds
- 2 Tablespoon virgin coconut oil
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 9 bananas (sliced and frozen)
- 1/2 Cup coconut cream
- 1/2 Cup peanut butter
- 1/2 Cup cocoa powder
- Line a round 8″ cake pan with plastic wrap.
- Pulse the almonds in a food processor until you get a mealy consistency
- Add the coconut oil, the maple syrup, and the cinnamon and pulse until fully combined.
- Pour the mixture into the lined cake pan and press the mixture until the bottom of the pan is covered.
- Chill the crust in the fridge while you make the filling.
- To make the filling, start by making banana ice cream!
- Let the frozen bananas defrost for 5 minutes.
- Combine 6 of the bananas with 1/2 Cup coconut cream and 1/2 Cup peanut butter in a food processor until you get a creamy ice cream consistency.
- Pour the banana layer on top of the crust. Set aside while you make the chocolate layer.
- Combine the remaining 3 bananas with 2 Tablespoons of the coconut cream and 1/2 cup of cocoa powder in the food processor until thoroughly blended and creamy.
- Pour the chocolate layer on top of the peanut butter layer.
- Chill the pie in the freezer for several hours (4-6 hours) until fully set. Defrost the pie for about 10 minutes before serving.
- Calories: 3426
- Sugar: 232
- Sodium: 705
- Fat: 197
- Saturated Fat: 67
- Unsaturated Fat: 117
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 414
- Protein: 82
- Cholesterol: 0