Perfectly seasoned meat and vegetables folded in a crisp whole wheat wrap.
Heat a cast iron skillet or large frying pan over medium high heat and sautee the onions and garlic.
2. Add the ground beef to the pan with the onions and cook until beef is browned.
3. While beef is cooking, sautee diced zucchini in a separate pot until lightly golden.
4. Season the beef with salt, pepper, cumin, cayenne, and turmeric. Add tomato paste and cook for about 3 minutes until the tomato paste is a reddish brown. Add the sauteed zuchinni and chopped parsley to the meat mixture and turn off the stove.
6. Slice the lavosh pieces in half (hot dog style). Run one piece of lavosh at a time through the milk mixture and fill with the meat. Fold the Sambooseh into triangles (see the video) and place them on a cookie sheet, fold side down.
7. Heat a half inch of light olive oil in a cast iron skillet and fry 2-3 Samboosehs at a time. Flip the Sambooseh when it is a light golden brown. Keep prepared Samboosehs on a wire rack over a cookie sheet to prevent the bottoms from getting soggy.
8. Invite some friends over, crack open some wine, and enjoy!