Pumpkin spice granola is the perfect way to ring in autumn flavors!
In my constant effort to help my family eat healthier, I’m always looking for ways to incorporate healthy breakfasts into the family’s diet.
With my mom’s high cholesterol and aversion to traditional oatmeal, I decided to try my hand at a seasonal granola recipe that was tasty enough to get the whole family excited.
This granola is so easy to make, you’ll never want to shell out the cash for the store bought stuff again.
Just gather a few ingredients, preheat the oven to 325 and place a rack in the middle of the oven and follow the simple steps in the recipe below to create your own, home-made, healthy granola. Bonus! The whole house will smell like the holidays with this bad boy baking away =)
pumpkin spice granola
Healthy, simple granola with a taste of the holidays!
- Yield: 5-6
- Category: Breakfast
- 3 C rolled oats
- 1 C raw slivered almonds
- 1/3 C rice bran oil
- 1/3 C maple syrup
- 2/3 C pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
- 1/2 C dried cranberries or chocolate chips optional
- Preheat the oven to 325 and lay parchment paper down on a cookie sheet.
- Combine oats and almonds in a large bowl, set aside.
- Combine oil, syrup, pumpkin, and spices into a small sauce pan and heat over medium low heat. Stir until the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Add the wet ingredients to the bowl of oats and stir with a spatula until the oats and almonds are well coated with the pumpkin maple mixture.
- Spread the oats onto the baking sheet and bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes, until the almonds are fragrant and the oats are lightly toasted.
- Be sure to check the oats every 5 minutes and stir so that they bake evenly without burning.
- Once the granola is ready, remove the pan from the oven and let the mixture cool. You can store the granola in an airtight container or mason jar and enjoy it for breakfast during your busy week!