Roasted garlic cauliflower soup drizzled with rosemary butter is the perfect starter to any winter meal.
Roasting the cauliflower brings out a nutty rich flavor that tastes delicious with the sweet roasted garlic. This dish is really easy to put together and only contains a few ingredients. Your guests will love this!Print
roasted garlic cauliflower soup
- 1 1/2 heads of cauliflower (chopped)
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 1 Cup chicken broth
- 2 Cups milk
- 3 Tbsp rosemary
- 4 Tbsp butter
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place the chopped cauliflower and the garlic on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt. Roast in the oven for about 20-25 minutes until the cauliflower is golden brown.
2. While the cauliflower is getting golden brown and delicious, heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat, add the milk and chicken broth and slowly bring up to a simmer.
3. Add the roasted cauliflower and garlic to the hot milk and cook together for about 10 minutes. Use a stick blender (immersion blender) to blend the cauliflower and garlic and create a silky, thick soup. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. In a small pan, melt the butter and add the rosemary. Cook for a few minutes over medium-low heat until the butter is lightly golden brown. Pour the butter in a separate bowl to stop the cooking process.
5. Divide the soup into 4-5 warm bowls and drizzle with the rosemary butter.