Roasted garlic cauliflower soup is the perfect starter to any holiday meal.
Roasting the cauliflower brings out a nutty rich flavor that tastes delicious with aromatic garlic. This dish is really easy to put together and only contains a few ingredients. You can roast the cauliflower in a large batch and easily double or triple this recipe to feed a crowd.
This soup makes a great starter to your holiday feast but it’s also great on it’s own. Might I suggest grilling up a brie and caramelized onion sandwich to compliment this delicious soup?!
I hope your family enjoys this quick, delicious soup as much as we do!Print
roasted garlic cauliflower soup
- 1 head cauliflower (cut into florets)
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 4 cups chicken broth (low sodium)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- zest and juice of 1/2 fresh lemon
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place the cauliflower florets on the sheet. Drizzle with 2 Tbsp olive oil, and sprinkle with salt. Roast the cauliflower in the oven for 35-45 minutes, until golden brown.
- Heat the remaining 1 Tbsp olive oil in a dutch oven over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and cook, stirring frequently with a wooden spoon, until fragrant, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the roasted cauliflower and stir to combine with the garlic. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and the cream, bring to a boil over high heat. When the soup starts to boil, lower the heat to medium low and simmer the soup for 10 minutes.
- Use a stick blender (or carefully pour slightly cooled cups of soup in a blender) to puree the cauliflower.
- Once the soup is smooth, add the parmesan cheese to the pot and cook until well combined, 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat, add the lemon juice and zest and stir to combine. Taste the soup and add more salt and pepper or lemon juice if necessary.
- Garnish with a drizzle of olive oil and fresh herbs if desired.