This spinach mushroom quiche has been one of my go-to recipe for several years! To prove it, I dug up this cooking video that I shot 5+ years ago that shows you how to make this quiche from start to finish!
Easily one of my favorite dishes to make and eat, quiche is so versatile! You can add any combination of vegetables to the custard, pour it into a crust (even a store bought crust will suffice), and top with cheese…what could be better than that?!Print
spinach mushroom quiche
A delicious make-ahead breakfast completely balanced with protein, veggies, and whole grains.
- Category: breakfast
- Cuisine: French
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion (diced)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1lb white mushroom (sliced)
- 1 1/2 bags chopped, frozen spinach
- 5 eggs
- 1 C reduced fat milk
- 8oz crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese of your choice (I used a blend of Asiago, Fontina, and Mozzarella)
- 2 pre-made frozen whole wheat pie crusts (Whole Foods)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat a large pot or dutch oven over medium high heat, add the onions and cook until translucent and golden brown (about 6-8 minutes).
- Add the minced garlic and cook until the garlic is fragrant (3-4mins).
- Add the mushrooms and cook until they brown..this could take a little while (8-10min)…keep moving the mushrooms around with your wooden spoon so they cook evenly.
- Add the Spinach and once the water has evaporated, season with about 1 Tbsp of salt and some pepper.
- Turn the heat off and in a separate bowl combine the mild, feta cheese, and eggs. Whisk together as if you’re making scrambled eggs.
- Add the egg mixture to the mushroom and spinach concoction.
- Pour half of the egg and veggie mixture into each pie crust, top with cheese and place in a pre-heated oven.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes until the egg has set (it no longer jiggles when you shake the pan) and the cheese is brown.
- You can serve the quiche warm or at room temperature.
- I love to cut the quiche into slices and store extras in the fridge for a quick yummy breakfast on the go!