Vegan chocolate chip cookies are delicious and easy to make because you can easily keep all the ingredients in your pantry. With no eggs or butter to store, you can whip up a delicious batch of cookies on a whim.
Okay, you have to try these! These chocolate chip cookies are so incredibly easy to make and, thanks to the addition of coconut oil, they have a delightful macaroon flavor that is irresistible! Even the biggest vegan skeptics, my family, loved these cookies!Print
vegan chocolate chip cookies
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- 2 Tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1/4 Cup filtered water
- 2 Tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1/2 Cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 Cup – 3/4 Cup chocolate chips or carob chips
- 1 1/2 Cup almond meal
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the flax seeds and the water in a small bowl and set aside for about 5 minutes.
- The flax mixture will soon become gelatinous and replace eggs in this recipe.
- Combine the coconut oil, the flax meal, the brown sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and vanilla extract in a large bowl.
- Add the almond meal and the chocolate chips to the bowl and mix well.
- Scoop out large tablespoon-full portions of the dough and place onto the baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 15-20 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool completely and enjoy!
- Calories: 2185
- Sugar: 151
- Sodium: 3092
- Fat: 118
- Saturated Fat: 47
- Unsaturated Fat: 64
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 270
- Protein: 25
- Cholesterol: 19