I can’t believe I haven’t started making these vegan coconut ice cream cups earlier! In preparation for an upcoming trip, my sister and I have been detoxing from refined sugar for the passed week. For a couple of chocoholics, this has been a challenging feat. However, with desperation comes creativity! This sugar fast has caused my brain to work overtime to develop recipes that taste amazing, satisfy my sweet tooth, and won’t ruin our waistlines. I’m so excited to share this recipe with you and I hope you enjoy it as much as my sissy and I do!
vegan coconut ice cream cups
- 5 bananas (sliced and frozen)
- 2 Tablespoons coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons raw coconut oil
- 4 Tablespoons cocoa powder- unsweetened
- unsweetened coconut flakes for garnish
- cupcake wrappers
- Melt the coconut oil in the microwave.
- Mix the cocoa powder with the oil and combine thoroughly.
- Line a muffin tin with cupcake wrappers.
- Pour some of the chocolate mixture in the bottom of each cupcake wrapper and shake the pan to coat the bottoms of the wrappers.
- Place the muffin tin in the fridge while you make the ice cream.
- Place the frozen banana slices in a food processor and whiz until the bananas break down and look like little pieces of gravel.
- At this point, add the coconut cream and vanilla extract to the bananas and continue to process until you get a smooth ice cream consistency (stop the food processor every few minutes and scrape down the sides of the bowl).
- Top the now solid chocolate cups with some of the coconut ice cream and top each ice cream cup with more of the chocolate sauce.
- Top each ice cream cup with some coconut flakes and return to the fridge for a couple minutes or place in the freezer if you’re not going to eat them right away.
- Enjoy these little treats right away or defrost at room temperature for about 3 minutes if you’re taking it straight from the freezer.