Walnut chocolate truffles are a quick dessert you can whip up with three ingredients and a little bit of TLC!
My biggest dietary weakness is definitely chocolate! Even though tons of articles and doctors are advertising the health benefits of cocoa, the reality is that chocolate does contain refined sugar. As we all know, refined sugar not only threatens your health but it also ruins that fit physique we’re all trying to attain.
I love being able to use natural sweeteners, such as dates, to mix with cocoa powder and cure my chocolate cravings with minimal bikini-bod damage. An added benefit of this recipe is the great nutrients, fiber, protein, and omega fats, you get from the yummy walnuts and coconut oil. This recipe is so easy to throw together and it’s a great dessert to have on hand!
walnut chocolate truffles
- 1 Cup whole walnuts
- 6 pitted dates
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 Teaspoon virgin coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powdered
- Pulse dates, walnuts, and cocoa powder in a food processor until fully combined. The mixture should easily stick together when you pinch it.
- Scoop out teaspoonfuls of the mixture and roll in between your hands to make truffles.
- Place the truffles on a plate and keep in the fridge for 30 minutes or in the freezer for 10-15 minutes.
- While the truffles are chilling, melt the coconut oil and combine with the cocoa powder, set the coating aside.
- Dip each cold truffle into the chocolate coating and return to the cold plate.
- Return the truffles to the fridge for a few minutes until the chocolate hardens and enjoy!