coconut chocolate date balls
These coconut chocolate date balls are date-sweetened, desserts that the family will love!
A vegan, no bake version of everyone’s favorite Girl Scout cookie! This uncanny samoa replacement lets you enjoy all the delicious flavors of the coconut cookies without any refined sugar or high fructose corn syrup. Your wallet and your waist line will thank you…and I’m pretty sure your taste buds will thank me 😉 Grab your food processor and get ready to indulge in a delicious coconut treat.
- 6 medjool dates (pits removed)
- 1 Cup unsweetened shredded coconut + extra for rolling the cookies around in
- 2 Tablespoons coconut cream
- 1/4 Cup chocolate chips + 1 Tablespoons coconut oil , melted together for a yummy drizzle
- Grind the dates in a food processor until they form a paste.
- Add the shredded coconut and the coconut cream.
- Once everything is fully combined, scoop out Tablespoon sized portions of the “cookies” and roll them between clean hands.
- Roll the samoas in the extra coconut shreds to coat evenly.
- Chill the samoas in the fridge for 30 minutes, top with the chocolate drizzle, and chill until the drizzle hardens.
- Enjoy your vegan delights!