Mexican hot chocolate banana ice cream
A delicious chocolate treat with a secret kick; this Mexican hot chocolate flavored dessert is my favorite banana ice cream variation to date! The coconut cream adds extra richness and helps bring out the chocolate flavors of the cacao powder. You secretly mix in dashes of warm cinnamon and a pinch of cayenne pepper that hits your throat after the chocolate delight has melted on your tongue! Try this unexpected treat the next time you’re craving something sweet and delicious!
If you’ve never made banana ice cream, follow some easy tips on this post to get the perfect texture every time!
- 4 bananas (peeled, placed in a ziplock back, and frozen for 8 hours or overnight)
- 1/4 Cup coconut cream (chill the can of coconut cream in the refrigerator overnight and only scoop out the solid white cream that floats to the top)
- 1/4 Cup raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- Break the bananas into small chunks and place them in the food processor.
- Pulse the bananas until they become like small pieces of gravel. Stop the motor and scrape down the sides of the food processor with a rubber spatula.
- Add the coconut cream and continue to grind the bananas until you get a creamy ice cream consistency.
- Add the cacao powder, vanilla, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper to the food processor and continue to blend until everything is evenly distributed.
- If the ice cream is too runny, scoop the ice cream into a bowl and chill the mixture in the freezer for 10-15minutes.
- Top with cacao nibs if you like and enjoy!